Viewing History of the Morrison County Court House and Jail (1915).
Morrison County was formed on February 23, 1855. Its first courthouse in was built in Little Falls the early 1870s, and was used about twenty years. In the early 1890s, the second courthouse was erected. In October 1891, that building was wired for electricity. The county jail was constructed in 1888, and remodeled in 1897, but it proved ill-suited for housing prisoners.