Viewing Redwood County Court House (1916).
For the first decade after it was formed on February 6, 1862, Redwood County officials transacted business out of their homes or at the office of a resident of Redwood Falls, the county seat. In 1873, a courthouse was built. A new brick courthouse was constructed in 1891. Its courtroom seats 800-1,000 spectators. The county jail was erected in 1895.